Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15hp95
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im having same problem for my hp win10. having recovery screen incomplete "the specified drive is cannot be identified"

then gives me the "log" "details" & "retry" options. Ive tried it several times to look to see what are the files its trying to find by i was only able to download the sapcol.msc file but now its giving me the "mmc not able to create spins" or something like that. is there any other way other than having to reinstall the win10 with a the "creation tool" here in HP site? is there any way i can find out which files are corrupted or which files i need? i am able to get past that screen cause when its trying to get into the "administrators login" i press cntrl,alt,Del and it will let me choose to signout, so i select it and it stops trying to do whatever it does that it takes me to the main problem screen i mentioned above. so it lets me after that (by pressing the space bar) lets me sign in but it give me most of the icons with the "arrow down" and i cant open it , stating "cant open the app under the built-in administrator login" so thats how ive been trying to check which other files i need but i cant quite find the full answer to this. Ive just managed to download the sapcol.msc file and that still didn't let me go into the "local security policy" which means i might be missing it or its corrupted.If anybody can help me out here withhout having to reinstall the WIN10, im afraid it wont go through and ill just loose everything. these computers dont come with the recovery cds anymore. thats a waste of money and money lost here when i paid for this computer. i have 2 of these, the one in question is a few months older than the other one i have but none of them came with any cds at all. I bought it from walmart but i dont think it was their doing, i think HP is the one that suppose to provide them with the cds right ? anyways. if anyone can help me here would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@smnamn05 

Reinstall Windows 10 (and keep your data/files) probably is quicker than mucking around. You already know how to get Windows 10 now run it and select KEEP personal data/files and programs (it will tick the box by default anyway).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.