Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 P3K81EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant repeatedly offers the 'Doritos 2.0 system BIOS release'.  I select the Update and it appears to download and then the install phase takes a very long time before a box appears that says the installation has failed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would not recommend installing bios updates via Support Assistant. From personal experience they fail. Go to your product support page software and drivers and check for correct bios update and download from there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I would not recommend installing bios updates via Support Assistant. From personal experience they fail. Go to your product support page software and drivers and check for correct bios update and download from there.

HP Recommended

I've tried to use the 'HP System BIOS Update Utility' on the HP Support site and get the messae 'This BIOS update is blocked on this device' but the HPSA is still nagging about it and still unable to install the BIOS upgrade

HP Recommended

OK, I've just done it again, I don't know what was different from the last time but it seems to have worked

HP Recommended

what do you mean by product page

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.