Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

My Elitebook (less than 1 month old!) continues to switch off by itself during working process providing the following error:

System Security System has been detected

The BIOS has lost communication with HP Sure Run software indicating that the system may have been tampered with. After the operating system boots/resumes, please, please, save all necessary data and restart the OS to allow HP Sure Run software to be reactivated.

For more information, please, visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Please, press any key to continue

Is it possible to resolve the issue by myself?

If no and I have to bring the PC to the Service Center, can I do it at any worldwide (since the laptop was bought in Belarus and I live in Italy)?

Thank you.

bios error.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there,

The HP Sure Run is outdated or might be crashed or something else..!!

Try Updating the HP Sure Run or download the latest version of it.

If it doesn't worked out for you in case, try contacting the local Computer repair service for the quick solution.

Hope you'll find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hey there, 

thank you for your prompt reply.

I downloaded the available version of HP sure run from here: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/download.html 

and installed it.

However, the problem still remains - may be i have mistaken with the link? Could you please be so kind to provide me with the correct one?

Many thanks again. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Have you found a solution to the problem? I have the same with my brand new laptop... I'll try the newest Sure Run version, but maybe you already have a ready solution, as your problem was over a year ago?

Best regards!

HP Recommended

Same problem here... any fix?

HP Recommended

I had the same issue in my new laptop, but after BIOS update. I disabled and enable HP Sure Run, restart notebook and issue no more occurred.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.