Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 g4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i downloaded the bios for my laptop from the hp website and it got stuck at the flashing bios screen (almost 30 minutes). What should i do now?

IMG_20170914_190846.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended
Hi,
I am unable to see your image right now but I'll guide you to fix this.

First of all start another bios setup and create recovery USB using it.
Now terminate the current setup and boot into your recovery USB.

Now you have updated your bios successfully:)
Please make sure that you download the fully compatible version of bios before proceeding.
HP Recommended
Nothing was working. I forced shut my pc pressing the power button. Then when i started it again it gives 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps and the screen stays black . I tried the windows key + B (also tried with v) + power button for bios recovery. But doesn't work
HP Recommended
Did you created bios recovery USB as i told you?
Boot into bios recovery USB.
Just plug in the USB and wait for system to recover itself

If you not created it then create it from another pc.
HP Recommended
I created the bios recovery usb from another pc. Do i just plug it in and power on my device? Do i have to press any other buttons?
HP Recommended

No do not press any button just plug in and power on your notebook.
Your system may restart several times during this process.

HP Recommended
Doesn't work. I just get 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps for a couple of times and the caps lock and numlk buttons led flashes the same way
HP Recommended
Do hard reset and try again
Shut down your notebook and remove battery.
Press and hold power button for 15-30 seconds.
Replace the battery and try to recover the bios.
HP Recommended
The back of my laptop is screwed down. Do i open it and remove the battery?
HP Recommended
I have tried hard reset without removing the battery. I have pressed down the power button for 15-30 sec then released it. Didn't seem like anything happened other than just turning on the power button light and then turning it off. Then i plugged the ac and turned it on. But the same thing happens. 2 long 2 short beeps
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.