Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4117nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello here,

I have random BSOD on my computer. That can occur after many hours using the PC whithout any blue screen.

This is an old issue and I had already tried to perform a systeme recovery in the past.

Since I'm currently working at home (thaks to the covid-19) I have decided to spend some time in order to fix my computer.

To resume what I have cheked  :

I have performed a complete system diagnostics, including the memory, no problem was reported.

I have checked the windows integrity with the three following commands, no problem was reported too.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
SFC /SCANNOW

Using "WhoCrashed", it seems that the driver dxgmms2.sys was often involved.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys (dxgmms2!VidMmInterface+0x575E6) 

Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF800035927460, 0xFFFF8000359273B8, 0x0)

Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys

Previously, win32kfull.sys was involved too. 

To fix it, I have first updated the bios (F54).

//support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/8499273/model/9249208

Then, since it looks like a display issue, I have checked for the last graphic driver. It was up to date (21.20.16.4821 )

Note that the last version which is proposed by HP is not supported by the Intel HD Graphics 520 card of the computer.

Finally, I got a most recent version directly using the device manager with a right-click on the display driver (22.20.16.4836).

Despite all these tests, the problem remains the same, and I don't know what to do except running again a full recovery.
Maybe can I test an older display driver ?

Please help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cédric_g

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you very much for the answer,

At this time, I do not prefer performing a system factory reset. I already try this on year ago with the HP Recovery Manager tool. The problem was not solved. The fact is that the recovery contains the initial Windows version of my computer. After the installation, many updates are automatically performed by Windows and the HP support assistant. The last drivers installed was those from the following HP link which are not the lateast. So I guess that trying again this way will not solved my issue.  //support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/8499273/model/9249...  

Since few days, I do not have BSOD anymore. I will resume what I have done,  hoping that can help others.

1/ Updating the BIOS (F53 to F54)

2/ Updating the driver "RtsPer.sys" for Realtek PCIE CardReader directly using the device manager control panel (10.0.10125.21277 from 29/05/2015 to 10.0.14393.21292 from 30/09/2016)

DEVICE_MANAGER.png

3/ Updating the driver "Netwtw04.sys" for Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 from Intel //downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/product/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265  (19.51.24.3 from 26/09/2019 to 19.51.27.1 from 03/12/2019)

4/ Updating the driver of Intel(R) Graphics 520 directly with the device manager control panel (21.20.16.4821 from 02/10/2017 to 22.20.16.4836 from 17/10/2017) (since following drivers are often mentionned in the crash reports win32kfull.sys, dxgmms2.sys, dxgkrnl.sys).

5/ Using the "Fresh start" of Windows to install a clean version of Windows 10 //support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012986/windows-security-track-device-performance-health 

REDEMARRAGE_ZERO.png

6/ Restauration point and I have blocked any update from Windows (system and drivers) (so the my current version is 1909 - 18363.752)

SUSPENDRE_MAJ_DRIVER.pngSUSPENDRE_MAJ.png

I will try this configuration few days more. If I have still issues, I will try to use the last graphic driver from intel (26.20.100.7985 from 3/25/2020) using the link here below and a tutorial from the community.

//downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29465/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88355  

//h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-Intel-S... 

If the issue persists, I will follow your indications as an ultim attempt. I keep you inform 🙂

HP Recommended

Ok, plan B... my computer crashed again this afternoon.

As explained in my previous message, I update the Intel(R) Graphics 520  driver from 22.20.16.4836 to 26.20.100.7985.

Let's wait and see🙄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.