Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac123na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop keeps disconnecting even when plugged in, the screen keeps going dark and becoming light as the battery connects and disconnects, but the plug seems to be fine and the socket I'm plugging it into is fine. I don't remember installing any updates before this problem occurred. I have tried uninstalling the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and letting it reinstall itself over time but the problem still occurs, seemingly at random intervals

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had that same problem for some time. What it was was a failing battery. After I replaced the battery, the disconnecting went away.

HP Recommended

is there any way i can determine if this is the problem for certain? I used the HP website battery tester, and it said mine was in find condition

HP Recommended

Did you try using the battery check feature in the HP Support Advisor?

Also, I do recall disabling virtualization within the BIOS. That seemed to have stopped my problem for a while until the battery eventually degraded to the point that I was seeing messages at startup to replace it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.