Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Battery charging disconnects

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac123na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop keeps disconnecting even when plugged in, the screen keeps going dark and becoming light as the battery connects and disconnects, but the plug seems to be fine and the socket I'm plugging it into is fine. I don't remember installing any updates before this problem occurred. I have tried uninstalling the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and letting it reinstall itself over time but the problem still occurs, seemingly at random intervals

3 REPLIES 3
Level 4
99 86 3 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had that same problem for some time. What it was was a failing battery. After I replaced the battery, the disconnecting went away.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there any way i can determine if this is the problem for certain? I used the HP website battery tester, and it said mine was in find condition

0 Kudos
Level 4
99 86 3 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try using the battery check feature in the HP Support Advisor?

Also, I do recall disabling virtualization within the BIOS. That seemed to have stopped my problem for a while until the battery eventually degraded to the point that I was seeing messages at startup to replace it.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation