Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP spectre X360 convertible 15-eb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop (HP spectre X360, i7-10750H, 1650-ti MQ, everything is up-to-date, BIOS F.11) sucks a lot of power while in sleep mode, sometimes I put it in my bag to find that the battery is 30% less while the laptop is superhot... even to the touch!!!

I have seen similar posts on the website & on reddit, they all talk about how modern standby is bad when compared to S3 standby, I have tried some of their fixes.

things I've tried to solve this:
- turn off hibernate
- turn off fast boot
- in BIOS: Turned off USB charging
- from the advance power settings:
- allow hybrid sleep - On
- allow away mode policy - No
- allow standby states - off

I've even reset the PC and re-apply above settings, seems that it helped a little, sometimes the laptop will go into sleep and only lose 2-5% in 8 hours (reasonable but not the best, my old HP Envy loses 1-3% when it's asleep), but sometimes it drains until dead in about 4 hours for some reason (very random & in-consistent)

I ran sleep study command and found (App ID: Unknown [NONE]) to be the biggest power consumer, I have no malware in the laptop, only office 2019(words, Xls, etc.…), chrome & couple games from Epic games & Ubisoft.

I am not sure that there is a way to get back S3 sleep, actually the option is not even present in the BIOS, but I really don't care about that, I'd like to get this fixed as it is turning into big inconvenience, please help

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

here's hoping windows 11 will fix this issue🙏

HP Recommended

today same thing happened, 66% lost in about 6 hours, see screen shotWeb capture_28-6-2021_193113_.jpeg

HP Recommended

@mahbooos

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• 1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.
  • 2. Expand batteries.
  • 3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.
  • 4. Shut down the computer. 
  • 5. Disconnect the charger.
  • 6. Remove the battery. (only for removable battery)
  • 7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  • 8. Insert the battery only. (only for removable battery)
  • 9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for the reply sir

i will try these steps & report back.

HP Recommended

hello @Eco_Lake

i just tried your suggestion, deleted the mentioned driver, shut down & disconnected power supply (did not remove battery as it is unremovable) held the power button for 1 minute, turn on the device again

then performed 2 tests with similar results (see attached photo)

any other suggestions?

Web capture_30-6-2021_9549_.jpeg

HP Recommended

@mahbooos

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing a system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_lake

thanks for following up dear sir

I performed a full cloud reset using windows recovery, will do some testing & report back.

HP Recommended

good day dear sir

still i am having the same problem after the cloud recovery

any other suggestions?

Web capture_2-7-2021_111827_.jpegWeb capture_2-7-2021_11171_.jpeg

HP Recommended

@mahbooos

Thank you for posting back. 

I can see how that would be difficult. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post.

Have a great day ahead!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.