cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
MeghanChelsea
Level 1
6 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Battery not charging beyond a mark. Shows Plugged in but not charging.

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Product: HP ENVY X360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

I have been using this laptop without complaints for a couple of years now.

This problem is fairly recent. The laptop charges efficiently to 75-85% every time, but not post that.

Hovering the mouse over indicates "Battery: Plugged in, Not Charging". Since it seems to be a common problem with a plethora of literature addressing solutions available, I was not highly concerned. But after having tried all the major solutions recommended, I am still facing the issue.

I have - Updated drivers, Changed BIOS settings to default, Troubleshoot (Results show no issues), HP Battery Diagnostics (Shows no hardware issues), etc. - tried these to resolve them, but with no luck.

I have occasionally used a secondary monitor via HDMI Cable, so would put the response to "Closing of Lid" as "Do Nothing". But, even after reverting to the default Power & Sleep Settings, I have the issue persisting.

Please help me resolve this - want the battery to again charge till 100%. 

Battery Details - Via CMD generated Battery Report - 

BATTERY 1

NAME - LK03055XL ; MANUFACTURER - 333-42-2C-A ; SERIAL NUMBER - 559 ; CHEMISTRY - LION

PERIOD - FULL CHARGE CAPACITY - DESIGN CAPACITY '

2018-02-28 - 2018-03-12 - 51,964 mWh - 51,964 mWh

2021-10-11  -                            31,543 mWh - 31,543 mWh

Battery Life Estimate - 5:46:42

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation