Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 3WL23UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I have a HP Omen i5-8th gen 12GB RAM version. Lately, i am facing some problems with the Battery. In spite of the power supply, the percentage doesn't go above 81%. I tried all the possible solutions that were available on the internet, I tried updating the driver, troubleshooted it, updated the BIOS setup as well, Uninstalled the battery driver and installed again. Nothing seems to be working. As per the diagnostics, it says battery is healthy. Could you please provide me any other solution through which i can make this work. Any sort of help is highly appreciated. Thanks, Shudarsan
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Shudarsan Welcome to HP Community!

I read that the battery in the laptop charges till 81% and then a message appears saying "plugged in and not charging". Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Please let me know the exact laptop model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates take place the laptop recently?
  • If the charger is disconnected then does the laptop remain powered on with the 80% charged battery?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Let us uninstall the battery drivers and then reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Expand battery and right click on ACPI - compliant control method battery (2 entries could be there) and select uninstall.
  • Once you have uninstalled the ACPI entries, please close the device manager and restart the laptop. 
  • While restarting the WIndows operating system should automatically reinstall the battery drivers. To confirm, you may once again open the device manager and check under batteries. 

Finally, you may update the BIOS on your laptop if the battery continues to not charge more than 80%: www.hp.com/drivers

You may also run a battery test by following the below steps. Ensure that you run the battery test only when you receive the "plugged in and not charging" message:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Plese initiate a test on the Battery - The Battery Test checks your system to make sure that the battery is functioning properly. It tests the battery and allows you to run calibration if needed.

The Battery Check test time is 2 minutes. Battery Calibration time is 2 to 4 hours. To run the battery test and for battery information, follow the steps in Battery Test.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.