Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

We expected a big issue regarding our HP Computers Elitebook 840 G7 version running Windows 10 64 bits

All thoses computers were not able to start after a Firmware upgrade (1.10). The computer still stuck at the starting process without success.

All other computer model (HP Elitebook G3/G4/G5/G6/G8) are not affected

For the moment, we rolled back the firmware version to 1.08 and locked to not upgrade to the newest version.

Does someone has the same issue ? Does HP is aware about this issue ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

got the same issue with multiple machines as well HP support has not been helpful. 

Have been able to get bluescreen (driver power state failure) if I do a system restore to a week or so ago but have ended up having to reinstall windows on all the machines 

HP Recommended

[content removed]

fyi this may be a solution about to try it myself. 

Must2_0-1663348901198.png

HP Recommended

the above solution works it seems. I've yet to find the softpaq to roll back bios but the computer is now booting

HP Recommended

Hi CPOD,

Firmware just released : 1.21.0.

I strongly hope that will help us..

Regards,

KMARD

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.