06-10-2019 01:32 AM
06-10-2019 04:08 AM
I'm not sure I understand the problem, but the BIOS recovery USB drive for an HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b160ea will only function on a HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b160ea system. A BIOS update file is a file to update the basic input output system of a specific system and it is not a universal file that can be applied to multiple models of laptops or computers. Each computer or laptop has its own BIOS that varies from other models. So for each system you want to run the BIOS recovery on, you need a specific BIOS file for that system copied to the BIOS recovery drive.
06-10-2019 04:20 AM - edited 06-10-2019 04:21 AM
Hi, sorry - im trying to create the recovery usb.. according to the support page you have to run the file on another laptop and select create recovery usb?
Step 2 on above link?
So can i just paste the bios exe onto a usb stick and it will pick it up?
06-10-2019 04:30 AM
Basically you just put a blank USB drive into the working secondary computer and go to HP Software & Driver Downloads on the secondary computer with the flash drive inserted and enter the product number of the original computer and then proceed with the remaining steps to finish downloading the BIOS recovery tool and file to be used on the original computer that needs its BIOS recovered....the remaining steps are as follows.
- Click BIOS, and then review the details of the latest available version or the specific version recommended for the recovery. Confirm it is the correct BIOS update before proceeding.
- Click Download, and then click Run.
- In the InstallShield Wizard window, click Next.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- Choose to remove or keep the files after the recovery, and then click Next to open the HP BIOS Update and Recovery window.
- Select Create Recovery USB flash drive, and then click Next.
- Select your USB flash drive, and then click Next to copy the BIOS file to the drive.
- When 'The recovery flash drive was created successfully' displays, click Finish.
- Remove the flash drive from the computer.
06-10-2019 05:13 AM
I do not actually work for HP. If your product is under warranty, I would contact their customer service line via phone or start a live chat with technical support for a better understanding of how to fix the problem and find a solution faster. Their contact number is: