Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-CX0004no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the same problem. I also updated my HP Pavilion Gaming 15 to the new bios version, and now the screen turns black as soon as Windows 10 loads, i have tried almost everything.

Things i have tried:

• I have tried updating the bios with the same new bios a lot of times. (Still not working)
  • I have gotten into Windows in Safe mode, and tried updating the Intel Graphics drivers to a lot of different versions. (Still not working)
  • I have downloaded all older versions of the Bios, but the computer wont let me rollback to an older Bios version. (Still not working)
  • I have tried resetting the bios settings, and tried a lot of different settings combinations. (Still not working)
  • Have also tried formating the computer and installing Windows 10 from scratch, with the HP recovery tool. (Still not working)
  • Have also tried resetting the cmos. (Still not working)

After a lot of testing, i have found out the it looks like its a problem with the way the computer sees/loads the Intel Graphics, because i can start windows 10 in safe mode, and then disable the intel driver, and then the screen comes on when the computer is turned on. But then the screen quality is really bad, because the computer is using the windows 10 safe mode graphics driver.

So please HP find a fix for this or release a new working bios, because i don't want to own a expensive HP paperweight anymore! :Crying:

It looks like this forum post is in the wrong category on the site, it should be in the Gaming Laptop forums, not the Desktop forums.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MadsWare
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting It looks like a bios related issue. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello I have the same exact issue, I did the latest BIOS Update for HP Pavillion Gaming 15 and now the gpu driver keeps screen blank, if i plug the laptop to a monitor it works, and if i go into safe mode and remove the intel driver it works for a few seconds until i get online and it auto updates and its black screen again. If you managed to solve it for your laptop please share the solution with me already tried so many things.

HP Recommended

@AndreLeao
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

As I've mentioned on the above post even your computer issue sounds like a hardware related, Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had same problesm six months back. At late night, my HP laptop was updating and it was taking so much time that's why I shut down while it says don't switch off your pc during update something like that and i did wrong. In the mornng when I woke up seen that my laptop black screen coming and only the cursor is visible. I was shocked. Though it was my own mistake.

I tried whole day to solve it myself and later on i was fully hopeless then what i did is:

Press long on 'Switch ON' button of my Laptop pc and press continue 'ESC'  then developer / BIOS set up came and I just 'RESET' my whole pc and again it started working. That's it. The importance of latest technology is should be there.

If your laptop pc also not working like this this technic can be used. No need to use any other software. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello, many thanks for your quick reply, I managed to fix it yesterday, what I did was I updated the BIOS again to the latest version that I noticed was released a few days ago, I was on F.16 and now i'm on F.18 and its working. I also installed that HP Support Tool that suggests drivers to update and hopefully it won't freeze while playing videos anymore cause that was the whole reason I updated the BIOS in the first place. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.