Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-7027cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please HELP! I went to get on my laptop and notice the screen was black, you could tell it was on but it was black, the fans were going also. So I tried to figure what was wrong. Did a hard reset, acted like it was going to let me login then went black and shut off, turned back on while repeatedly hitting F2 did the memory test and ended up with failure code q09xg4-6869lg-qfpk1g-w01x03. Passed short hardware, tried to do extensive hardware but the screen wigged out and froze. Tried to figure it out. Failed. Ended up in safe mode did a system restore. Seemed to have worked.  So I tired to do the test again so I could see what was wrong. This time it froze at first, then ended up with memory failure Id q09g4-6869lh-qfpk1g-wo1f03 a little different than the first time. Passed short hardware test again and froze on extensive one again. Please please help. I’m getting really frustrated. And can’t seem to find out what the codes mean. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The code is pretty much only useful to HP if you call tech support.They can determine serial number,warranty status,etc from it. To you the only meaningful info is the Failed test for memory which means just that. The memory is bad and will have to be replaced. I believe you have 2x4gb memory sticks so it may only be one and Windows 7 will run fine on 4gb. I would remove first one and then the other to see if the laptop boots with one or the other. Then you can decide whether to replace it if it is only one bad stick.

Your Maintenance and Service Guide shows how to remove memory. Chapter 4, pg 53-54:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-dv7-7000-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/5226224/m...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.