Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name: HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx

Hello,

Here is a little background story of my problem you can skip it if you want to go directly to my problem:

I bought this laptop to use it as a programmer for my works. It was one of the HP pioneer laptops at that time. 

It had the problem of sound stuttering,  videos online/offline becomes slow, then a system crash, and also periodic restarts. 

I called HP and told them to replace it, but they asked me to perform remote repairing. Many hours and days later, and I still had the problem. 

I contacted them to ask them for a replacement, and they said it is now more than a month from my purchase and they can't replace their faulty product.

They said they will send a box for me to repair it. I never received the first one, and we had a problem a few weeks later with the timing of the second box. Meanwhile, I was still working with my old dell XPS laptop. I talked to the support of HP and told him I can't afford more time on this since I had my theses defense at that time and will go back to this problem after that.

Long story short, here we are, you cant find them these days and my guaranty expired a few days ago that I disputed.

Here are two examples of many emailschats, and phone calls: that I had with their support team. I am sorry if it is ranty. You can see my frustrations after many hours of wasting time on the remote repairing and reinstalling windows, drivers, softwares by myself, or by their support team.

Hello Sam, Jan 29, 2019

I still have the problem. You recommend reinstalling the Windows. I hope that not be a waste of our valuable times because I am a little bit worry that this can be a hardware problem.
If you are confident that reinstalling will solve this problem I am home today. Otherwise, please let me know How I can return this and get a replacement,

Thank you, 

Hello Monisha, Feb 10, 2019
So far:
I had many chats with Hp regarding this basic problem. The first two agents tried to install new driver updates and I had three or four Teamviewer sessions and many voice calls and chat.
The last agent asked me to reinstall the windows and use the recovery option. I told him that I will do it if and only if he is sure that will solve the problem and he promised me that it will solve the issue. And here we are, I reinstalled the windows (and uninstalled my personal software/s) as instructed and yet I still have the issue. I was almost sure that this is more than a simple software issue. 
This is really sad that one of the pioneer laptops of HP has these types of issue. I bought this to install some heavy programming software on it and in its first month before installing any of them it even can't run a video properly.

I already wasted many hours on this problem. I will not bring the laptop for fixing to a BestBuy because of two reasons.
I can't afford to waste more time on this issue and I dont want a refurbished laptop.

I hope the HP team can provide me with a new (and not defective) laptop as a replacement for this one.

Please let me know of your plan via email because it is hard for me to answer phone call during working days.
BTW, I captured a sample but because the size is more than 25 MB I can't attach it here.

My problem:
The restarts are now happening at random times 5mins, 19mins, 2mins and then the blue screen like this:
blue.jpg

And then sometimes like this:

black.jpgerror.jpg

What I have done so far:
1. Updating drivers
2. Restoring Windows
3. Updating antivirus
4. Resetting windows 
5. Windows memory scan
6. There was also a scan regarding hard disk

No success. I think it should be a problem with either SSD, Ram, or their connection ports. But I am not an expert here and hope you guys can help me. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi
PLEASE POST ANY RESULTS.
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).
AND/OR
HOW DO I USE DIAGNOSTICS?

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine if the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures. HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows comes pre-installed on new HP computers, but if not on yours, download here:-
https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

HWT.png

and  https://www.memtest86.com/

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. Here are the test results:

What do you think...

bb.jpg

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.