Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Howdy,

BIOS not reading systems SSD. I can't do a fresh installation of windows 11 as storage device not found . I visited the drivers section on hp drivers link and i can't seem to find the intel RST driver for my system. Also, even when I do a storage test in the pre boot section, it says no hard drive installed.... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not finding a drive during the storage test does not sound good to me.

It could be possible that the drive is completely dead as though it wasn't even installed.

As far as not finding drives when you install Windows 11:

you have to install the Intel storage controller drivers that are needed for Windows to find the drive on PC's that come with Intel 11th -13th gen core processors.

If you want to clean install Windows, you can use the drivers that I zipped up and attached below.

Copy the 5 files from the F6/VMD/f6vmdflpy-x64 folder to a USB flash drive.

iastorvd.cat

iastorvd.inf

iastorvd.sys

rstmweventlogmsg.dll

rstmwservice.exe

Have the flash drive and your W11 installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W11 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next, and Windows should find the drive and install.

If Windows still does not find any drives, you most likely have a hardware issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Not finding a drive during the storage test does not sound good to me.

It could be possible that the drive is completely dead as though it wasn't even installed.

As far as not finding drives when you install Windows 11:

you have to install the Intel storage controller drivers that are needed for Windows to find the drive on PC's that come with Intel 11th -13th gen core processors.

If you want to clean install Windows, you can use the drivers that I zipped up and attached below.

Copy the 5 files from the F6/VMD/f6vmdflpy-x64 folder to a USB flash drive.

iastorvd.cat

iastorvd.inf

iastorvd.sys

rstmweventlogmsg.dll

rstmwservice.exe

Have the flash drive and your W11 installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W11 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next, and Windows should find the drive and install.

If Windows still does not find any drives, you most likely have a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you. I had already tried all that and still wasn't getting any positive response. I gave it a try again with the driver's link you shared and still didn't work. You were right about it being a hardware failure. I just got the drive replaced and it worked. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

This absolutely works! I downloaded the zip, extracted all files, copied them to a usb drive and it booted up one HP with Windows 11 and another with Windows 10 both with the same boot error. I was distraught with two of my computers out of warranty and not booting up. Thank you so much! You are an expert in my book!

DannyD6

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.