Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY laptop 17-ce1650nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP ENVY laptop 17-ce1650nd.
I want to boot it from an USB stick.
I can slide the USB upwards in the BIOS (see photo), but how do I place the arrow in front of it.
I have read that it is necessary.

Greetings,
Gerard

Bios02.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are at the boot options menu after pressing the ESC to get the main menu and then the F9 key and you can use the arrow keys to select your USB flash drive, all you need to do is press the enter key.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You shouldn't have to change the boot order.

Restart the PC, tap the ESC key to bring up the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu, and from that select the USB flash drive/USB hard disk and press the Enter key.

The PC should then boot from the USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I'll try it as soon as possible, but I think tomorrow. Afther that I will answer you again.

Gerard

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Gerard.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry. But if I do so, the notebook always start up normally, from de harddisk.

I choose Boot from Evi file. I see the name of my USB en click on it. Then ESc an no result.

Gerard.

Excuse me, my enlish is not very wel.

HP Recommended

Hi:

So when you see the name of your USB stick, you select that and press the Enter key.

HP Recommended

I don't have to close the screen.?

HP Recommended

If you are at the boot options menu after pressing the ESC to get the main menu and then the F9 key and you can use the arrow keys to select your USB flash drive, all you need to do is press the enter key.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry. It is my fault. I had made a system backup with the Aomei backup program. But my son, who visited me yesterday,  told me that I needed a separate Aomei boot stick in addition to the backup. He had it with him. WIth that USB-stick It worked according to your method. So thank you very much for your patience. And I'm happy now.

Greetings,

Gerard

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.