Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am working on a friend's Pavilion g4 notebook for which he asked me to do a fresh install of Win7 Home Premium.

This is my first experience with the new EFI "bios" and it's proven to be quite a steep learning curve!

I am at a loss to figure out why each restart attempt stops at the "System Information" screen (rather than booting back into Windows):

hp_uefi_sysinfo.jpg

I've been able to successfully install Windows, but each restart causes the boot up sequence to stop at that same screen which makes it useless (for example) to perform an unattended support session with a tool like TeamViewer which requires for the computer to boot back into Windows.

I have spent over a week researching this issue and haven't found anyone with a similar experience. Therefore, I hope that someone here can help provide the solution.

If more sreen caps are needed, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is unfortunate ... I was expecting that someone would have solid information to provide that at least pointed me in a direction that I could continue my investigation.

No matter ... I am returning my friend's Pavilion g4 this weekend since I held onto it hoping that I would be able to resolve the boot up problem before doing so.

So, I am marking this "resolved".

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I have a feeling this is a question best left for #HPExpertDay ... 🙂

HP Recommended

Is someone willing to take a stab at this problem? An HPExpert? Anyone? 😞

HP Recommended

Can you try to press F10 >enter BIOS and then try to restore defaults on the BIOS.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Has it been replaced motherboard before?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Hi 

HP Recommended

This is unfortunate ... I was expecting that someone would have solid information to provide that at least pointed me in a direction that I could continue my investigation.

No matter ... I am returning my friend's Pavilion g4 this weekend since I held onto it hoping that I would be able to resolve the boot up problem before doing so.

So, I am marking this "resolved".

HP Recommended
Tried that doesn't work.
HP Recommended
I have that same problem..too I think the problem is with some jammed keys. What should we actually if we actually want this screen to appear before bootup. If someone knows that, it will be of some help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.