Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need the build Id and feature byte for my machine please

serial number is [edit]

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
  • Press and hold the power-on button for at least 5-6 seconds until it powers off completely
  • Press the power-on button once to start the PC - Try opening the HP Start up menu during boot by using Esc button (instructions >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSN0qzXayUY)
  • Then hit F1 key to open System Information

You will find the information you seek there 😉

Let me know if this helps.

SAM_4541.JPGSAM_4542.JPG

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

No. The information is not there. That is why I need it 🙂

HP Recommended

Can you take a picture of what you see there and post it back (attached it) in your next post ?

Is it blank there ?

Do you have Elitebook ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

and why do you need this information ? What are you going to use it for ?

HP Recommended

Fitted a replacement board

HP Recommended

This information can be lost if you flush a BIOS and something goes wrong

or

if you replace the system-board /motherboard .  So, then it is an expected behavior if you changed your board.

HP service center technicians may be able to re-enter back. Please, check this TKB article >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/System-board-00A-error-occurs-during-PC-start...

This cannot be done remotely here in the forum.

HP Recommended

Yes it is blank at the moment. Machine not in committed state 

HP Recommended

Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.