Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was using the recovery partition to reformat and reinstall Windows 10 on this computer.  At one point, it asked me to create a password and to create a Microsoft account before I could finish configuring the installation.  Since I am not going to keep this computer (I plan to donate it to charity), I don't want to do either of those things.  The eventual new owner can do that and make it more his own.  I don't want to include ANY information about myself since I don't know and will not have any control over who eventually receives it.  How can I bypass these steps?  I suppose getting a copy of Windows 10 on the open market would solve the problem but I don't want to put that kind of money into a donation.  I shouldn't have to when the computer has a perfectly serviceable copy already on it - if I can avoid the personalization. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Once you got to that initial setup window, simply press and hold the power button to shut down the PC.

The next person can boot it up and enter their info.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Once you got to that initial setup window, simply press and hold the power button to shut down the PC.

The next person can boot it up and enter their info.

HP Recommended

Thank you.  This is not the way I want to deliver the computer to whatever charity receives it but I'll do it if I can't find a way to bypass.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I've done it many times that way myself.

It's no different than if you bought the PC brand new, and was turning it on for the first time 

HP Recommended

Thank you again.  I really appreciate the speed with which you answered my question.  In light of wyat you said in your reply, I think I will do it exactly as you suggest.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.