Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Notebook 17g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Getting error when trying to recover computer see image below using USB. my computer is only 2 days out of warranty..If anyone can lead in the direction to fix it would greatly appreciated..

thisone.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would delete all of them. Windows 10 will recreate any it needs.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you get the recovery manager to work.  I highly doubt anyone can.

However, you can always clean install W10 for free at any time by using the Media Creation Tool at the link below.

Just note that if you do clean install W10, the recovery manager software will no longer function (not that it is working anyway).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You will be given the option to make a bootable USB W10 installation flash drive, or save an ISO file, which you can later burn to a DVD using your DVD burning program's burn ISO file option.

The software will work with the W10 product key in your notebook's BIOS, and activate once you are connected to the internet.

After W10 has installed, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-g100-Notebook-PC-series/8499304/model/8961418

HP Recommended

One more question do i have to save the drivers to another USB or will my computer work to get online to get the drivers?? I'm a teckie person but really not likeing wndows 10.....

HP Recommended

W10 should install the ethernet and wifi drivers you need.

If not, here is the link to the wifi driver you need...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported models running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82801.exe

That would be the only driver you would need to save to a usb flash drive.

HP Recommended

Can't find accurate instructions uggg I hate win 10. So far it's telling me I have to delete the old particions which ones do I delete.  I wrote down my license for win 10. So do I delete the particion that says windows....

particianparticianParticianPartician

HP Recommended

I would delete all of them. Windows 10 will recreate any it needs.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Yes, I agree with Cheryl.

W10 will create what it needs, and creates its own recovery system, which in the event of an issue, it will give you two recovery options...

Recover and keep your programs, files and settings, or recover and keep nothing (basically a clean install of W10).

I have found that the recovery (keep programs, files and settings), doesn't always keep all programs that I have installed, and I did have to reinstall a few.

Then of course, you can always clean install windows like you are doing now with the installation media you created.

HP Recommended

Thank you both for your help I'm officially back up and running. I will never contact HP for any thing again but will come here and ask you amazing peeps. Thank you for all your help. Everything is up to date. computer is running better than when i first got it, so far. I hope I didn't jinx myself. I think I started fresh wiped out the partitians got rid of everything. Which was good now I don't have the annoying apps and programs I didn't need that came with the computer. 

Paul and Cheryl thank you for everything....(y) (y) 2 thumbs up to you both....

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't think you jinxed yourself.

I like clean installing operating systems on my PC's.

I find they always run better than with the factory installed operating system image and bundled software, a lot of software as you wrote, you don't use, and does nothing but slow down the works.

I usually get rid of the HP installed OS and software within a few days of getting a new PC, and delete all partitions and create one large partition for the OS and programs.

HP Recommended

Paul,

I'm amazed how  my computer is running smoother and faster. Now I have to work on another computer for a friend...I might be back to pick your brain...

Thanks Again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.