Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-by0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I was waiting HP to validate and pass the test on Windows 10 ver.2004 for my particular model.....unfortunately it never get tested due to some horrible experiences with ver.2004, I never "re-install" it.

My questions are :-

1. Should I go back and install the V.2004? 

2. The latest roll-out is V. 20H2, can I skip the V.2004?

3. I have two different information on my system :- 

In Update History....it said that I have successfully installed Feature Update Windows 10 Version 2004 but,

In  OS build info.....it states that I have Windows 10 Home Version 1909 with build 18363.1139.

4. So what's my actual version, is it matter?

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks

-AL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WFH19 

Unlike with previous Windows versions, you can no longer refuse to install a particular Windows Update

While it is true that they are now being presented in Optional Updates and you can choose NOT to install those, eventually, other updates will show up there down the road, and since these are Cumulative, when you install the latest one, it will automatically include all the older ones you avoided.

What you should do now is go into Windows Update, select the option for Installed Updates, and see if you can install the recent update.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WFH19 

Unlike with previous Windows versions, you can no longer refuse to install a particular Windows Update

While it is true that they are now being presented in Optional Updates and you can choose NOT to install those, eventually, other updates will show up there down the road, and since these are Cumulative, when you install the latest one, it will automatically include all the older ones you avoided.

What you should do now is go into Windows Update, select the option for Installed Updates, and see if you can install the recent update.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.