Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@AJS11 wrote:
Does my 2nd gen intel core i3 supports 64 bit? Does it support PAE,NX,SSE2 etc.? Does I need to upgrade my BIOS before upgrading to windows 10 ?

Yes. You CPU supports all that Windows 10 requires.

You do not need to update the BIOS before upgrading.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Happy to know that...

Can you please help me to upgrade ram of my laptop..I currently have 2gb ddr3 1600mhz. I wish to upgrade it before going to win10 64bit. My laptop supports upto 8gb (4gb*2).I like to buy it from an online store. What should i look for? Help please...
HP Recommended
Can i re-install win10 by only formatting 'local disk C' ?
Will I lose my files in the other partions except C when doing a re-install of windows 10 ?
Can you give me a step by step guide for reinstalling win10 ?
HP Recommended

@AJS11 wrote:
Happy to know that...

Can you please help me to upgrade ram of my laptop..I currently have 2gb ddr3 1600mhz. I wish to upgrade it before going to win10 64bit. My laptop supports upto 8gb (4gb*2).I like to buy it from an online store. What should i look for? Help please...

Your notebook suports up to 8 GB

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-Notebook-PC-series/5259209/model/5293869/document/c03392...

Upgrading RAM for your specific has already been discussed here in the forum. See the following google search.

https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=HP+2000-2120tu+ram+upgra...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
I have one more question.

Can I upgrade and after that clean install win10 64bit by formatting 'local disk C' ONLY ??
And keeping my files in other partitions SAFE ??
I have nothing important in C .
But have a lot important in the other two partitions...

Answer please.
Afraid about losing my files.....
HP Recommended

@AJS11 wrote:

Can I upgrade and after that clean install win10 64bit by formatting 'local disk C' ONLY ??

Answer please.

Then copy the important files to an external storage device before upgrading.

That will take the fear of losing the files out of the upgrade equation.

HP Recommended

@AJS11 wrote:

Answer please.

Hi AJS11,

Q: Can I upgrade and after that clean install win10 64bit by formatting 'local disk C' ONLY ??
A: Yes, see this guide how to do a clean install W10.  Once you have upgraded to Windows 10 and activated it, you don't have to enter the product key.

Q: And keeping my files in other partitions SAFE ??

A: Yes, if you know what you are doing. But like the others have said, BACKUPs offer better protection, such as media backups or cloud backups.

Hope this help.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.