Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G8 Notebook PC (1T4K6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

When I try to enter bios settings with F10 or boot with F9 it shows me a black screen with underscore at the top left and fans start to spin very quickly. Everthing else works normally. This happened after bios update. I had tried to recover/update bios and load it from a usb drive but nothing works

20220904_104200.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Sebi_ 

Disconnect <USB flash drive> !

(1) Power off computer

(2Disconnect charger

(3Press and hold <power> button for 30 seconds

(4Connect charger

(5) Follow the HP standard procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(6) Please report your results

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
HP Recommended

Hello @Sebi_ 

(1) How to  Enter BIOS ?

- Turn off computer and wait five seconds

- Turn on computer, and then immediately press [ESC] key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens 

- Press [F10] to enter <BIOS>

(2) Please report your results

HP Recommended

Doesn't work, its shows the same black screen as before.

HP Recommended

It shows the same black screen as pressing F10 or F9

HP Recommended

I found out that I can only enter bios setup utility or bios menu if I  do:

1. Windows system > recovery >advanced startup restart

2. Troubleshoot > additional options > settings for uefi 

Only then i can access settings, but after restart or going proceding to windows I can't access them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.