Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY DV6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can I install windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my old laptop currently running windows 8.1 64 bit and what kind of driver and software support does HP provide for HP ENVY DV6 Notebook product number B6B49AV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@srik22

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can install Windows 10 on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that you can install Windows 10 on your computer. However, there are no drivers for Windows 10 from HP for your computer and it can cause some of the devices not to function correctly on the computer.

Below are the system requirements to install Windows 10.

Processor:1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC)

RAM:1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

Hard drive space:16 GB for 32-bit OS 32 GB for 64-bit OS

Graphics card:DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver

Display:800x600

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@srik22

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can install Windows 10 on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that you can install Windows 10 on your computer. However, there are no drivers for Windows 10 from HP for your computer and it can cause some of the devices not to function correctly on the computer.

Below are the system requirements to install Windows 10.

Processor:1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC)

RAM:1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

Hard drive space:16 GB for 32-bit OS 32 GB for 64-bit OS

Graphics card:DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver

Display:800x600

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.