Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Pro x360 G2, X3F22UC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It has been several months and this laptop is not yet 'ready' to receive the windows 10 feature update 2004. I wonder why. I think there is an issue with the sound card / driver.

The device manager says that the audio driver is Conexant ISST audio.

I remember that when I tried to install the audio driver in the HP website it forces to add a Conexant taskbar icon that does not work.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-pro-x360-g2-convertible-pc/8737498/model...

At MS website here, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004  , Conexant ISST drivers appear to be problematic as it is flagged as an unresolved issue. This is probably the reason why is not updating properly.

Please, get on with it, and fix the drivers that are hogging the updates.

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

@perdigao 

Why, my machine uses Conexant ISST Audio an I upgraded to 2004 then 20H2 (last week) w/o any problem. Please try to download and install

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp109001-109500/sp109035.exe

The upgrade Windows to 20H2 (bypass 2004) using

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(a) Use above link to download ISO file (default name : Windows.ISO).

(b) Mount ISO file as a DVD,

mountISO.png

(c) Run Setup from DVD,

(d) Remember to keep all user files/data

Step (a) can take up to 1 hour, depeing on your download speed,

Steps (b), (c), (d) can take from 35mins to 55mins depending on configuration of your machine.

Regards.       

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I can verify the this solution with upgrading the Conexant ISST Audio solved the problem for me on an HP 840 G5

HP Recommended

@Poseidon250 

It should after run Windows updates few times. I upgraded my 840 G5 machine to 2004 (on September 26, 2020) then 20H2  (October 15, 2020) without any problem. But if not, you can always download driver/software and install to your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Than k you for your help, but...

That is not the 'official' audio driver for my laptop. On the HP website the driver is the the following filename

sp80434.exe

...and you are suggesting that I use

sp109035.exe

from a slightly obscure ftp site, with no information as to which computer this update applies to.

If this driver fixed this ongoing problem, why doesn't HP update the drivers website?

And why Windows update information continues saying that there is an issue with the Conexant drivers?

Regards

HP Recommended

On a HP ProBook 450 G5 , I have the same issue attempting to update to Windows 10 feature update 2004. Whilst attempting to update the audio driver as suggested, the audio driver update failed twice, once when  updating via HP support assistant when offered SP109035, but also when attempting to manually install after downloading SP109035 version12.43.1.137 from the HP ftp site.  Any advice?

HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

I have a similar problem as discribed above, but still lacking the solution:

Computer: HP ProBook 470 G4, Win10 Pro, release 1909. The automatic update to release 2004 (or even 20H2) is suspended due to the compatibility issues discribed above.

I updated the drivers of the Conexant ISST audio controller first via the standard windows update proceedure and thereafter by means of HP's service pack sp109030.exe. The driver version currently installed is 9.0.239.30, release date 7 Sept. 2020 (and thus significantly higher than release 7.231.3.0, which --according to Microsoft-- should be sufficient to avoid the incompatibility). Nevertheless, the automatic update of Windows 2004 is still suspended. Did I forget to install some other required updates or what is your advice to allow for the automatic update from 1909 to 2004 or 20H2.

Thanks and regards

HP Recommended

As at the 23 Nov 2020, the audio driver updated via Microsoft update to the 7 Sep 20 version 9.0.278.120  (There appear to be at least 2 drivers with different version numbers for that date). Once that driver installed, Windows Update offered Windows 10 20H2 directly without going via Windows 10 feature update 2004. Windows 10 Feature update 20H2 installed successfully without any issues

HP Recommended

Thank you, but how do you get the new conexaxnt audio isst update version 9.0.278.120 ?

I tried windows update but no success. I also tried to remove and reinstall driver, and it reverts back to the previous version.

HP Recommended

(a) You will find the device driver in microsoft's update catalogue with the title "Conexant - MEDIA - 9.0.278.120":

(b) Download the cabinet (*.cab) with the device driver version 9.0.278.120, dated 6 Sept. 2020.

(c) uncompress the cabinet

(d) Open the device manager and select the device "Conexant ISST Audio". update the device driver manually by selecting the driver from the folder containing the files from the cabinet.

(e) restart system 

At least this worked fine on my system. Unfortunately, the windows update to 2004 or 20H2 did not start yet. There still may be an issue or the system will need another day to get familiarized with the new driver. Hope that the update will start soon or do you have any idea what I should try next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.