Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Snappy e25-c3c-h2w-q77-x3q-a6r
Chrome OS

My HP chrome book frequently gets the message that “chrome OS is missing or damaged” before this message comes up I am just surfing the web and the computer screen goes black without notice. It is not the battery since it is plugged in all the time. When I turn it back on I get the error that chrome OS is missing or damaged. It’s hit and miss with the recovery. Half the time I get “An unexpected error occurred”. Can anyone help me?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@emayoral

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting and getting chrome OS missing or damaged.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the exact model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03665293

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In this particular case, this did not resolve my issue. I tried to recover based on the instructions and the message that appeared on my screen is “An unexpected error occurred. Please refer to the following link as a reference.” The link takes you to google chrome OS recovery instructions again so there is no resolution to this. I am currently disputing my warranty info for this laptop in hopes that I can get it repaired under warranty since I bought it new around December.  The model of my computer is: Snappy e25-c3c-h2w-q77-x3q-a6r

HP Recommended

@emayoral

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Because I am disputing the warranty status, that link does not show me a phone number or chat option. The turn around time for warranty was one day. It’s been a week. I am still stuck

HP Recommended

@emayoral

Please let me know your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the contact details to reach the support team.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.