cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Chrome OS Missing Or Damaged

HP Recommended
Snappy e25-c3c-h2w-q77-x3q-a6r
Chrome OS

My HP chrome book frequently gets the message that “chrome OS is missing or damaged” before this message comes up I am just surfing the web and the computer screen goes black without notice. It is not the battery since it is plugged in all the time. When I turn it back on I get the error that chrome OS is missing or damaged. It’s hit and miss with the recovery. Half the time I get “An unexpected error occurred”. Can anyone help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,703 24,690 1,640 2,287
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@emayoral

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting and getting chrome OS missing or damaged.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the exact model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03665293

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In this particular case, this did not resolve my issue. I tried to recover based on the instructions and the message that appeared on my screen is “An unexpected error occurred. Please refer to the following link as a reference.” The link takes you to google chrome OS recovery instructions again so there is no resolution to this. I am currently disputing my warranty info for this laptop in hopes that I can get it repaired under warranty since I bought it new around December.  The model of my computer is: Snappy e25-c3c-h2w-q77-x3q-a6r

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@emayoral

Thank you for the update.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Because I am disputing the warranty status, that link does not show me a phone number or chat option. The turn around time for warranty was one day. It’s been a week. I am still stuck

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@emayoral

Please let me know your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the contact details to reach the support team.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation