Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cw1000no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new laptop and have set the Clock to be adjusted automatically but it shows 6 hours ahead of right time. I have tried to do the steps below, but it still keeps changing to the wrong time. What more can I do to solve this?

Check Windows Time service settings

Press Windows Key + S and enter Services. Choose Services from the menu.
Once the Services window opens, locate Windows Time service and double click it.
Check the Startup type section and set it to Automatic.
Check the Service status. If the service is running, click Stop and then click Start again. If the service isn’t running, click the Start button to start it.
Click Apply and OK.

Change Internet Time server

Open Control Panel. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + S, typing Control Panel and choosing Control Panel from the list of results.
Once you open Control Panel, navigate to Clock, Language and Region section and click on Date and Time.
Navigate to Internet Time tab and click Change settings button.
In the Server section select time.nist.gov instead of time.windows.com and click Update now.
Click OK to save changes.

Unregister and register Windows Time service

Open Command Prompt as administrator. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + X and choosing Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
Once the Command Prompt opens, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
w32tm /unregister
w32tm /register
net start w32time
w32tm /resync
Close Command Prompt and restart your computer. Once your computer restarts, the issue should be resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, I believe you are missing a 0 in the model number 15-cw1000no

Now open HP support assistant and update all drivers and BIOS (you can find in the start menu or the blue circle icon with a question  mark in Task Bar)

I have seen this problem a couple of times and the BIOS update solved it.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

First, I believe you are missing a 0 in the model number 15-cw1000no

Now open HP support assistant and update all drivers and BIOS (you can find in the start menu or the blue circle icon with a question  mark in Task Bar)

I have seen this problem a couple of times and the BIOS update solved it.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Thanks for you answer.

You're right about the model number!

I have seen other comments that the problem could be in the BIOS setup. However, I have opened the HP support assistant and installed all available updates and there are no updates on the BIOS available. How can I get into the BIOS to check the time setting there?

HP Recommended

I found the BIOS update on HP Support and after I had installed it, the Clock shows the right time. Thanks a lot for your help!

HP Recommended

You're welcome. That would have been my next sugestion. Great job finding the update and glad it worked.

Let me know if you need any further help with your new machine 🙂

All the best,

David

HP Recommended

I have a brand new Laptop of exactly the same model ( ser no [edited]). I have also tried everything and understand I need to update BIOS. The assistant says there are no available updates. Where do I find it?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have exactly the same model as you have, brand new. Where did you find the BIOS update? I can´t find it!

Thank you in advance.

/Burman

HP Recommended

Hi @Burman1 

Here is the latest BIOS for the notebook. Download and run and choose install now. It might reboot a couple of times. Just wait until it reboots to OS.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-15-cw1000-laptop-pc/26183458/...

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I got info from HP to download and run file sp98866.exe. Maybe it is the same as you are giving, anyway it is working fine now.

KInd regards,

/Tore Burman

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.