Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP - 15s-EQ0110AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I opened my laptop, which was brought new from the store not even 2 weeks ago, and I receive an error stating the BIOS image needs to be updated. I waited for the % to fill and then the computer turned itself off. Upon restarting the computer it would repeat the same process and I would have to turn it on again.

Searching for a solution I found I can perform a BIOS recovery which I did via this method (I do not have access to the laptops battery):

• Turn off the computer.

• Plug the laptop into a power source using the power adapter.

• With the computer off, press and hold the Windows logo key and B key

• Still pressing those keys, press and hold down the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B  key until the BIOS update screen was displayed

The power LED light remains illuminated and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything appears on the display. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

Upon doing this the laptop had a new visual appearance (it was no longer black with white text, think of command prompt) and was a clean blue and white appearance with a HP logo and text saying System BIOS recovery . 

A bar began to fill called "Writing new BIOS image", followed by another bar called "Verifying new BIOS image". This second bar would repeat between 4 to 5 times after making it to 100%.

A new screen would pop up and the text would say "system BIOS recovery failed" and "verification of flashed BIOS image failed"

The screen would then return to a black and white command prompt appearance saying "BIOS corruption detected" and the whole process would repeat itself. 

Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Much appreciated 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

I have exactly the same issue as you. I have a Pavilion 15-cw1511sa. Have you solved your issue? If so how did you do it?

I tried all the methods you've tried but I had no success.

With the USB flash I get the message "Unable to open the BIOS signature file" and then it restarts in loop doing the same thing.

Regards

Viorel

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.