Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Stream
I'm very upset I was getting ready to watch my shows and my laptops mouse wasn't working...I proceeded to restart the computer and now it won't turn on at all...the caps lock button is blinking and the screen is black... I have restarted it numerous times, plugged the charger in but it still won't stay I need help to see what I can do the caps lock button blinks a single times 3 times in a your on the 4th blink it does a double blink...I really need some assistance I don't know if I'm going to have to send it in or if i can get it working...please help
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You may refer following document from HP for Blink Light or Caps Lock Led:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674

Try to perform a dry boot on the Notebook and check, if that helps. In order to perform Dry Boot, disconnect all cables from Notebook, press and hold Power on button for 45 secs, then connect only AC Adapter and try to Power on the Notebook.

If this does not help, then I would recommend you to contact HP Customer Care Team.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended
hello! I tried it but the caps lock button is still blinking...my daughter poured soda on it Friday night and it still was working...I tried to use it today and the mouse wasn't working which prompted me to restart it and now this issue is happening...I looked and it seems like it's a issue with the motherboard...I was able to use it without the function of the mouse before I decided to restart it but I guess that's what set it off...I have had the laptop less than a year so I wanted to know is it covered under warranty or can I buy the accidental coverage that's $80? I just need it fixed before my classes start in October for school i don't have the money to buy a new laptop
HP Recommended

When there was liquid spillage, then you should have kept it for dry. Once it was completely dry, then it may have worked. Now, it would be difficult. Suggest you to contact HP and get the System Board replaced.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.