Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Custom
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a custom build from the HP site at the end of months ago. This laptop does not work. Due to the reasons below, I am seeking assistance in being connected directly with a member of the AMS TCO Escalation Team. The Texas based team assisted me ~5 years ago with my last HP purchase, and their level of assistance is the main reason I decided to try HP again.

• Laptop purchased months ago
  • Paid for express shipping (to arrive before Dec 25)
    • Product arrived late
  • Product does not work
    • Laptop is a lemon
    • Continually freezes during bootup
    • I have left it for over 40 minutes without success of loading log-in screen
    • I have multiple videos showing the (lack of) progress
  • I have tried troubleshooting:
    • Fails to boot in Safe Mode
    • Charged completely and tried using laptop
    • Fully let battery drain, before charging and using
    • None of the above work
  • Spent multiple days this week attempting to reach someone who is authorized to assist
  • Tuesday, my husband and I spent 3+ hours being routed, rerouted
    • We were routed so many times that we ended up in the department we started in, with the same rep

I include the poor customer service because we have at this point spent over 5 hours seeking a resolution, without one, while having spent a large sum of money on a custom build and I am still without a working device. 

If someone could advise how I can get in touch with an AMS TCO Escalation Manager who can assist please. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@NimbleThimble,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Please provide the below details -

First Name:

Last name:

Case Number:

Email address:

Telephone Number:

HP Model number:

HP Product Number:

Product Serial Number:

Description of the issue:

Let me know.

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen, thank you for your reply. An update - since originally posting about this issue and being routed around HP contact centers, I have not yet received a resolution. I did get an email saying I can return within a month and pay a restocking fee of 15%, which is not a good option for a lemon device.

My partner and I have called multiple times and are told a case manager will reach out, but no one has gotten in contact by phone or private message. The last representative gave me a verbal guarantee that a case manager from the ACS TCO team within 24 hours, but we will see. In any case, I have a preference for speaking to someone live and a desire to get this resolved asap.

HP Recommended

Updating again.. 1/18/21. I have called in and spoken to HP call center reps and have repeatedly been told a case manager will contact me in 24 hours. No one has reached out yet. I still do not have a resolution. 

HP Recommended

@NimbleThimble,

I would regret the inconvenience caused to you. Unfortunately, I have limited access to pulling up the details for the Escalation cases. Please contact the HP Phone support in your region for immediate assistance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.