Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a compaq presario v6850ed notebook which i updated to windows 7. The device manager also indicated several missing drivers of which one was unable to update. This was the elusive 'coprocessor'. Not a clue what it was or what it does, who the manufacturer is etc.

It is suggested by the troubleshooter in the devices and printers section that the 'coprocessor'  is part of the nvidia geforce 7150m chipset in my notebook. the update from nvidia for this chipset does not change anything however.

The sp37730.exe chipset update which i also found at the software and driver downloads section of my model did solve the problem.

best regards

HP Recommended

i install window7 ultimate succesed but coprocessor drive no found.my laptop hp dv pavilion 6600.

what i will do..?

HP Recommended

I'm having stability problems that I think can be traced back to this driver. Until recently, my Presario F572US worked just fine having upgraded from Vista x86 to Win7 x64, but then I noticed that it had this coprocessor problem. I did a little research, found the GPU driver implicated, and downloaded the Vista x64 NVidia driver installer, which I allowed to install the graphics card and LAN card drivers.

After I did this, my computer started to lock up at random intervals. The screen freezes and any audio that may be playing gets stuck in loop of a fraction of a second. The only input it responds to in this state is a long hold of the power button.

Additionally around this time, certain games started randomly freezing much like this, only going to a black screen instead of a frozen screen, and I can alt-tab out of them. Often, once I have switched out and back into the game, this clears up. The first time it happened, I got a message from Windows saying that the video driver had crashed.

The Windows 7 guide on this forum links to NVidia graphics drivers and modded drivers, but they do not claim to support my GeForce Go 6100.

At this point, is my only option to uninstall the GPU driver? How would I do that?

HP Recommended

It works right away. Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

I have windows 7 Ultimate installed on my laptop Compaq Presario V3500 and same again, my Coprocessor is not working due to no driver. Can you help please as it has affected my sound.

HP Recommended

Please provide the exact product number or model number of the notebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

On the tag, It has Compaq Presario V3500, P/nos KB093PA#ABG, S/N 2CE74726PH. Hope you can help.

regards

James M.

HP Recommended

You can install the chipset drivers which has the coprocessor driver in them. Please download them from the appropriate links depending on the kind of Windows installed:

Windows 7 32-bit:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/15.56/15.56-nforce-winvista-win7-32bit-international-wh...

Windows 7 64-bit:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/15.56/15.56-nforce-winvista-win7-64bit-international-wh...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I finally upgraded my hp dv2312us laptop to Windows 7 Ultimate and this fix worked like a charm!  Thank you, Paulitevo.....very much appreciated.  Coprocessor and Base System Devices fixes here are all you need for your hardware driver issues.

HP Recommended

Hello forum,

I have hp Pavilion dv6602au model, and recently upgraded it from Vista to Win 7 Home Premium.

These two components in the device manager still doesnt respond and shows yellow flags.

Nvidia nForce Networking Controller

Coprocessor

Ethernet drivers are not listed on the HP support page for this model.

Please help 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.