Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Please try installing the driver from the following weblink: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37730​.exe
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I just put a new and bigger hard drive in this laptop and I have EVERYTHING else, driver-wise, except the coprocessor driver.  I have a pavilion dv2945se.  I had found a graphics driver on this site, but it messed everything up.  It says that all my other Nvidia drivers are fine.  I've noticed that most everyone is saying that its a chipset issue in regards to getting the coprocessor driver for Windows 7.

Is that the same for me?  If so, can someone send me a link to get this completely correct.  I've had enough issues with this thing already in the last two months.  So I want to get this right so it stays right!

HP Recommended

Hi, @ Tattedup5150:

This is the driver I believe you need that will take care of the missing co-processor issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-55781-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Paul

HP Recommended

I upgraded from vista 64 to windows 7 64 Bit which file or method do you recommend for hp Pavilion 6500 "no audio output device" I try so many methods and none of them works. I even try to uninstall drivers and install a new ones from device manager I must be doing something wrong you help me?

HP Recommended

Hi, linkintiger2:

Please click on your missing audio controller in the device manager. Then click on the details tab. Post the top string of characters you see there.

Those will identify the make and model of your audio controllers and I send you the link to the drivers for it.

Paul

HP Recommended

audio controller is not listed there anymore I used to have coprocessor errorin "other device" there but it kinda disappear after in try to install one  of the drivers from the web.

HP Recommended
Playing Audio

Publisher detailsIssues found

Check audio device
There might be a problem with your audio device.
Detected
Hardware changes might not have been detected
Detected
Scan for recent hardware changes
Completed
HP Recommended

hello.i had the same problem with the coprocessor but now it`s ok .. i fix it with that link witch you post it ... i have a question... my laptop is a pavilion 6500 and a have problems with the dvd-rw .. sometimes when i open my pc it`s working .. and sometimes is not working .. i dont undestend it .. and also i dont find the driver for dvd-rw .. it`s a MATHISHA 850ATA can you help me with the driver ? or what shall i do to fix it ??

HP Recommended

Just one note the link didn't work for me (the sp worked like a charm) the link that I used is:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-75757-1

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I couldn't locate the coprocessor driver for my HP with an AMD quad core and nVidia GPU and Win 7 64 bit at HP, and remebered to check Microsoft Updates optional drivers.

Lo and behold, there was a "NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller" driver, and once installed, my undriven coprocessor was alive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.