Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a presario f730us - I updated it to win7 x64. Win7 installs everything on it's own just fine, but the coprocessor. The funny thing is, when I try to use the vista x64 chipset driver (SMU only, as that's what it is I have figured out), it installs fine, but then the computer runs S L O W. UAC takes about 10 seconds to open, then another 10 seconds to execute, ctrl-alt-delete, program starts, everything is LAGGED.

But if I leave it uninstalled, everything goes fine, fasy actually - almost impressive. At this point I am leaning towards leaving it uninstalled... I'd love some feedback and a possible fix...

PS:

Was Athalon64 x2, upgraded now Turion64 x2 TL-60

2 GB DDR-800

GeForce GO 6100/nForce430 (Which is odd, because nvidia does not list this combo on their site...)

In device manager the Hardware IDs are:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B7103C&REV_A3
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&SUBSYS_30B7103C
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B4000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0271&CC_0B40

If you need any other info, please just ask.

HP Recommended

You can install the chipset drivers which has the coprocessor driver in them. Please download them from the appropriate links depending on the kind of Windows installed:

Windows 7 32-bit:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/15.56/15.56-nforce-winvista-win7-32bit-international-wh...

Windows 7 64-bit:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/15.56/15.56-nforce-winvista-win7-64bit-international-wh...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for that quick response - now let me update my situation which will probably lead you to telling me to start a new thread... Allow me first to explain what I did, and maybe it will help in finding the answer:

As per my previous thread, I re-installed windows 7 x64 on the system again, because restore would not alleviate the problem. Upon re-installing, the computer works beautifully, and the only items in device manager that do not show up are:

Coprocessor (Which is nforce SMU drivers)

Unknown Device (which is HP Quicklaunch buttons)

(I know I stated only one before, but in fact windows update catches the quicklaunch buttons right away, which then leaves one).

The version of 7 I am installing has SP1, and immediately after installing it has some 80 updates still to employ. After these, the computer was still running fine, then it had a set of (4) more, one of which was the quick launch buttons I skipped the first time - just in case these were causing the issue. Once I installed these ( I do not remember what the other ones were...) The same scenario happens, the computer runs SLOW anytime UAC, crtl-alt-delete, etc is employed. The screen goes black for 5-10 seconds in between each action as though it were lagged out. I tried restoring to prior to these updates, but it doesn't restore this issue back to it's previous state of not doing it! It's like once it start's doing it, that's it...

Now, I do not know what is causing this, but I do know that when I go to System Properties/Advanced/Performance Options, and uncheck "[] Use visual Styles for windows and buttons" and then hit ctrl-alt-del, it works properly again, if I recheck this button, it lags again... (How I got to even think of trying this is not important, heh...) I do not touch this setting in between a fresh install and the first couple sets of updates, so what gives? I am going to go see if I can find a better/different graphics driver on Nvidia for now... please let me know if you have any clue or need more information to assist.

I appreciate your help dearly (or rather my 79 year old boss does, as I am trying to upgrade this for him)...

EDIT: I tried installing from the link you provided. Results: No coprocessor driver was installed, and the video driver (which had to be run separately) would not install, it stated the hardware it supports could not be found. Maybe I will install 7 again, and do everything 1 item at a time until I find the problem? ...

Surely someone has upgraded this computer to 7 with success...

EDIT II: First, to be fair, windows seems to be working fine - I just don't like the lag when it shouldn't be there. Second, Ire-installed the vista64 drivers, as I think there is probably nothing wrongwith the mnow as I see the issue does not appear to be with a driver; as it seems as though it is the AERO Themes causing the issue... but why it doesn't cause it initially upon installing, and only after some updates is beyond me. Disabling "[] Use visual Styles for windows and buttons" on aero themes alleviates the issue, as does selecting a 'Basic Theme'. This just seems strange to me, as I have another laptop, by a 'competitor' with the same specs, except the mobo in it is actually not as good as this F730US (maxes RAM @ 500 MHz versus the HP at 800) and it has ATI based integrated graphics. It has no problems with aero themes though and does not lag at all on UAC etc... Is this a known issue or is there a fix/workaround other then using basic themes?

HP Recommended

quero o driver da nvidia   para o notebook pavilion  dv6700       quero usar no windows 7 ultimate

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the coprocessor driver you need for your dv6700:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-55781-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

HP Recommended

accept as solution --- yea!

HP Recommended

Any response to my last post?

HP Recommended

Hi:

What I suggest is the same thing I suggest to other notebook owners with the nvidia chipset/graphics such as yours has (and the dv6000/dv9000's).

If you have not tried this method before...

Reinstall W7.

Then install the vista chipset driver first and reboot.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-54009-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Next run the vista graphics driver. Ignore and close out of any errors you may receive (the most common being Unsupported Operating System).

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-70238-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Then, go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters section, click on the standard vga adapter, click on the driver tab, click on update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software method and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp42635.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Reboot and install the audio driver next.

Reboot and install the rest of the drivers you need.

HP Recommended

First, please understand, I am trying to follow your directions without re-installing W7 as I do not have time at the moment, that being said:

I would like to know how to ignore and close out of the wrong operating system error - it simply terminates install, I can not bypass it's termination... Either hitting ok, or the RED X causes instant program termination...

What I did do: Once terminated, W7 asked if the program installed properly, I selected no and to use suggested settings (I assume vista compatibility mode), at this point the program ran again and installed...

Once rebooted, and I go to Device Manager, when I click to expand the display adapters section, I can not click on the standard vga adapter, as the only entry here is NVIDIA GeForce GO 6100...

I try instead to follow out your instructions then on this device, it tells me I already have the best driver installed...

FYI: After doing all of this, and turning an Aero theme back on, I am still experiencing the lag issue. If I MUST re-install W7 in order to do this properly (although I can not see why...) it will have to wait, if you have any other suggestions, I am all ears. If this just something I am going to have to live with because it's under powered graphics, that's fine too, I just would like to know one way or the other. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

I would uninstall the driver for the graphics adapter so you just get the standard vga adapter there.

Check the box to uninstall the driver too.

Then if you have not deleted the SWSetup folder with the file you need to go to, try manually reinstalling the driver again without first running the exe.

Just go to that folder and manually install the driver.

If that doesn't work, I have no other suggestions you can try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.