Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

One more question, Should I or do I need to disable the secure boot before using the RECOVERY MEDIA.  I thought I read that somewhere, but I was afraid to. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Although less likely, yes it can be scratched. It may have arrived faulty - e.g. some files failed to get written during its initial creation. It might have been a wrong one sent to you. etc...etc.... I am  just speculating as I am not in front of the PC but all possible reasons are mentioned above.

Did you contact the supplier for a new set of discs ? Did you check and attempt to clean your DVD reader? Did you try to try with external DVD ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@geegeesgirl wrote:

One more question, Should I or do I need to disable the secure boot before using the RECOVERY MEDIA.  I thought I read that somewhere, but I was afraid to. Thanks.

This [Secure boot Disabled - Legacy mode Enabled]  is necessary only if you fail to boot from disc 1, disc 2, etc...

If you reached 74% of the status of disc2, Secure boot was not the root cause.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I sent Computer Surgons an e-mail, waiting for them to respond. I do not have an external Hard Drive.  HDD test passed. I will try to clean the eye tomorrow and also see what they say. I can send it to them and have them do it free of charge, Just have to pay shipping there and back. I just thought I try myself to save time.  🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you, once again. I hope I'm not being a pain. It just seems, I'm always coming to a bump in the road. I do  appreciate the help and suggestions.  🙂

HP Recommended

Don't worry. My pleasure. YAW:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

O.K., I tried the discs again today. I can hear them spinning, pretty fast,  but as soon it reached 74% again, it sounds like it slowed down alot, can barely hear it.

HP Recommended

I'm also doing the Long DST test now, just to see. It's gotta be faulty disc but computer surgeons did not respond back, as of yet. UUUgggggghhhhhhhh.....lol

HP Recommended

Update: Hard Drive (4 hr. test) passed! Yay!, I Installed it correctly.  Computer Surgeons is sending me new discs, in case these are faulty(they just have to be), But when I install the first disc, I can hear it spinning, then I insert disc 2 and at 74% complete, it slows way down, and doesn't go any further. Ugh!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update.

Please, keep me posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.