Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I start my PC, I've noticed that in the task manager, my Core 0 is always at a 100% usage. My PC could be idle and nothing would be open but still the usage would remain at a 100%. I have 8 cores in total and besides from core 0 all other work normally. Also, if I restart my PC on the spot, the Core 0 goes back to normal but if I shut down my PC and then start it again after a few hours then Core 0 goes back to being used at a 100%. Just to mention once again I have nothing open that would use that much power from Core 0.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, please disable the fast boot and tell me if you have the same problem:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

After this you can know if the problem cames from Windows or not.

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended
I dont have the fast boot option available.
HP Recommended

It is not normal at Windows 10.. So I recommend to you download HP Support Assistant here and update all your drivers (except the BIOS): 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95226.exe

If you have always the same problem you will verify Windows files. For this you can enter "cmd" in your Windows search bar, and right clic in "command prompt" for execute in administrator. Enter this command and tell me result:
sfc /scannow

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

It says, "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation". Also another thing I found out is, in task manager there are 3 tasks that are consuming the most CPU usage, System Idle Process, System and System interrupts. I cant open the file location of System idle process and system interrupts but when I open the file location of System, the process thats hightlighted is something called "ntoskrnl.exe". I assume this is the culprit. What is this and what do I do about it.

HP Recommended

Do you have made the driver updates?? 

HP Recommended

I checked and all my drivers are already up to date.

HP Recommended

What is your Windows version?? You can find it taping winver on the search bar. 

HP Recommended

Its version 1909. My Laptop came with this version so I cant downgrade to a lower version. 

HP Recommended

When do you have bought this laptop?? 

@XTrior wrote:

Also another thing I found out is, in task manager there are 3 tasks that are consuming the most CPU usage, System Idle Process, System and System interrupts. I cant open the file location of System idle process and system interrupts but when I open the file location of System, the process thats hightlighted is something called "ntoskrnl.exe". I assume this is the culprit. What is this and what do I do about it.

It is appears to a big problem with Windows.. If it is a new computer the best option is maybe try to reinstall Windows.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.