Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-bf16TU

So my hard disk crashed of my pavilion laptop so it was replaced by new hard disk.All of data was lost so new windows 10 OS was put and updated only I don't how create the recovery D drive which was present when i had bought the laptop. Searched the internet and all but only got to know about recovery flash drives. Please if anyone knows how create it in hp laptop suggest me. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Akii00

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have created a usb. I am asking about how to create a recovery partition within my laptop itself.Like it looks belowhp.jpg

HP Recommended

@Akii00

Thank you for posting back.

To create the recovery media now, use the following instructions. Only one set of media can be created, so if it has already been created, you cannot create another one.

1. Search for and open HP Recovery Manager.

2. In Recovery Manager, click Create recovery media.

Recovery manager with Create recovery media selected

3. Click I Accept to the notification that only one set of recovery media can be made.

Then click Continue.

Recovery Manager with I accept and Continue selected

4. The media detection page opens.

CAUTION: If you select to create the recovery media in a USB flash drive, the USB flash drive must be able to hold more than the minimum amount of data displayed on the screen; not all the capacity in a USB drive is usable. Example: If the minimum amount of data required shows 16 GB, use an 18 GB drive for better results. If the size of the USB drive is larger than 32 GB, the extra size on the flash drive might not be usable after the recovery media is created. Please be aware that all data on the selected USB flash drive is lost after the recovery media is created.

Select whether to create the recovery media on a USB flash drive or CDs and follow the on-screen instructions.

Media detection page

Select whether to create the recovery media on a USB flash drive or CDs and follow the on-screen instructions.

For example: Choosing the USB Flash Drive:

Recovery Manager with USB flash drive selected

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.