Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au062nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem making a restore disk setup! I chose to use the 4 DVD disk setup to make my retore disks but I keep getting a error on the 4th DVD and this has happened like 6 six time so I have blown though like 24 DVD's just by way of errors. I have had this same problem wth other HP Computers befor so is there a way to start the whole restore making proccess all over agian but this time so that I can chose to use 2 HD DVD disks so that I can just by pass this error thing on the 4th DVD disk because that has always worked before for me.

Thanks guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NiteLife

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-au062nr and are unable to complete the process of recovery disk creation. While creating the 4th disk an error appears and you have to start over. 

Is this the first time you are creating the recovery media or have you ever created a set of recovery media successfully before? Because HP computers will allow you to create the recovery media only once.

Meanwhile, an alternate and easy way is to create a recovery USB drive and it is quite handy and easy to maintain. Because if you lose even one disk or if a disk goes bad then the rest of the disks will not complete the system recovery.

• Please refer to this link to create a recovery USB device: http://hp.care/2e8ia1M
  • If you would like to use recovery disks then use new discs of a different, high-quality brand that you trust. HP recommends using only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs as these are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:
  • CDs

• DVD-RW

• DVD+RW

• DVD-RW DL

• DVD+RW DL

Feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NiteLife

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-au062nr and are unable to complete the process of recovery disk creation. While creating the 4th disk an error appears and you have to start over. 

Is this the first time you are creating the recovery media or have you ever created a set of recovery media successfully before? Because HP computers will allow you to create the recovery media only once.

Meanwhile, an alternate and easy way is to create a recovery USB drive and it is quite handy and easy to maintain. Because if you lose even one disk or if a disk goes bad then the rest of the disks will not complete the system recovery.

• Please refer to this link to create a recovery USB device: http://hp.care/2e8ia1M
  • If you would like to use recovery disks then use new discs of a different, high-quality brand that you trust. HP recommends using only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs as these are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:
  • CDs

• DVD-RW

• DVD+RW

• DVD-RW DL

• DVD+RW DL

Feel free to let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.