Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy and HP 25es Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am using dual displays.  My HP Envy is connected to my HP 25es monitor.

I need to dim both displays.  Windows 10 (32-bit) only allows me to change the brightness of one of the displays.

Can I dim both monitors? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bazquemaster

I'll need more information on which HP Envy model you are using so I could help you with the dual display and its settings:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Meanwhile, you can always use the night mode to obtain a dim display that's protective and soothing to the eyes (as I use on my personal laptop), if you wish to use it, here's all you need to know about it:

1. Open the Start Menu.

start

2. Click the gear icon to bring up the Settings Menu.

settings 

3. Choose System

system 

4. Select Display.

display 

5. Toggle the Night light switch to On.

on

6. Click Night light settings to adjust the level of blue displayed, or determine the time for Night Light to activate automatically. 

night light  

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. 

The solution you provided only slightly dimmed the additional monitor.  And, the slider only dimmed the laptop's monitor, not the additional monitor.

The computer is an HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible.

I greatly appreciate your help and hope you can find an answer.

HP Recommended

@bazquemaster I appreciate the details, I've reviewed the information and here's what you need to do:

Click here to view a video on how to make brightness changes - Select the screen numbers, 1, 2 or 3 under display settings to apply the brightness settings to the monitor of your choice, you can also use the night-light by selecting the individual lights, let me know how that goes.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.