Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion G6 1323tx machine. I want to disable UEFI boot but there is no option in boot menu.

IMG_20170430_164029708.jpg

IMG_20170430_164038921.jpg

IMG_20170430_164337889_HDR.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is not uefi boot so you can't disable it. And Ubuntu 17.04 does not need UEFI disabled even if you had it. Something else is going on. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That means it is not UEFI (secure) boot to begin with but legacy boot. If that is the result you want anyway you are good. 

HP Recommended

Actually I want to install ubuntu alongside my windows 8.1, I have created a bootable USB of ubuntu 17.04 but when i booted through my usb it doesn't detect my windows and existing partitions.

"This computer has currently no detected operating systems"

I followed some tutorials that suggested to disable uefi boot but there is no uefi boot option in my laptop.

HP Recommended

It is not uefi boot so you can't disable it. And Ubuntu 17.04 does not need UEFI disabled even if you had it. Something else is going on. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.