Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I rarely use my laptop and the disk on task manager is at 100% I barley have anything saved on it I just don't understand. IV tried googling self help but I am getting nowhere. I need to start using the laptop for work now! Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Joe719 

Disk Usage is in indicator of the Demand on disk resources -- not of how much SPACE has been used.

You can see the free space by launching the Disk Management tool, which you do by entering Create and Format  into the search area and selecting the app.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help 😊  I am on the disk management tool but don't really have any idea what to do on there! Are you able to help further?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Joe719 

The Disk Management tool lists the drive on your PC and shows the Capacity, Free Space, and % Free for each drive.

That will tell you if any drive is completely full.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.