Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14 (2017)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have bought my sister a HP Stream 14 for school and also to play the Sims 4 on. After installing Sims 4 it's really going to be pushing the storage of 32gb. If I buy an SD Card for the slot will it quicken up the laptop as I except it will be slow to run after installing Sims 4?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Yes, transferring files to external storage (SD) will improve performance. Check out How to Optimize the Stream Experience (Windows 10) for more tips.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. The only problem is it's only 32gb memory, and the only two things I have installed on it are Windows (14gb) and The Sims 4 (12gb)! Am i right in saying I can't move either of these to the SD Card and therefore an SD Card would make no difference?

HP Recommended

I wouldn't try to move the OS, but it looks like you can install apps on external storage. See How to Install Windows 10 Apps to an SD Card or USB Drive from Tom's Guide.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.