Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6-1319AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Pavilion G6 came with windows 7 premium 64-bit, but after facing certain issues, the laptop went into wrong hands and they installed corrupted windows 7 32-bit, which works like sh*t, and srs audio which was earlier working stopped now because (obviously) all the generic drivers are now gone. And there is no HP apps like support, audio etc....

Then i installed Windows 10 64-bit which works kind of fine but the videos cannot play smoothly and srs audio is not there and much more,

My doubt is can I install the drivers from Hp website which are all for windows 8 64-Bit ? even if i could successfully install will it work normally, like srs audio and all ? and how can i install all the HP apps which was in windows 7 while its new ?

Can anyone help me with this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Harish333

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can install the Windows 8 drivers on Windows 10 operating system.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

You can install Windows 8 drivers on the Windows 10 operating system in compatibility mode, however, it may or may not work correctly.

To get all the applications and software which came from the factory you need to do a system recovery and install Windows 7 back on the computer.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Harish333

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can install the Windows 8 drivers on Windows 10 operating system.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

You can install Windows 8 drivers on the Windows 10 operating system in compatibility mode, however, it may or may not work correctly.

To get all the applications and software which came from the factory you need to do a system recovery and install Windows 7 back on the computer.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.