Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G8 Notebook PC (1T4K6AV)
Linux

Laptop: HP 250 G8 with Linux

Region: Czech Republic

I'm on Linux right now and i want to install Windows 10, that I can play my favorite games(because lutris(windows game emulator, https://lutris.net/) unfortunately doesn't work(i tried a lot of times with different configs), so I have to install Windows) and to test some of my own compiled software for Windows 10.

So I downloaded the ISO(From here: ), grabbed a USB stick and write the image to it. Then reboot, go to boot menu, select the right order(with the USB flash-drive inserted to my laptop) and booted to the install. Here a message popup saying something like "Media driver missing", so after around 3 HOURS of searching on the internet (not kidding) i downloaded (I think the right, link: https://support.hp.com/cz-cs/drivers/selfservice/hp-250-g8-notebook-pc/38151396) Windows executable, run it with WINE(windows program loader on Linux) installed, and copied to my second USB stick. Then finally when I though that i can install Windows 10, unfortunately this popup.

Down below is a image...

img.jpg

Where can the problem be?

I think that i can't do with it much.

PLEASE HELP!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need to install the correct storage controller driver during the W10 installation.

See this discussion:

Solved: Cant install Windows on HP 15-eg0000 - HP Support Community - 8440128

If you don't have access to a PC with Windows, I have zipped up and attached the F6 storage controller driver folder below that you need to browse to.

HP Recommended

Sorry, but the installer said something like this "No new driver found"  and don't allow me to go ahead. 

So what I should do next?

HP Recommended

Sorry that driver didn't work for you.

Since it should have, I don't know what else to try next.

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to try this driver from your notebook's support page.

Driver - HP 250 G8 Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

I have attached the Zip file for the F6 folder from this driver.

HP Recommended

Sadly, this file doesn't work too. It says "We could not install the [Intel RST VMD Cotroller 9A0B] Contact your vendor for an updated driver."

HP Recommended

COULD SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.