Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can explain what is going on. I have rebuilt desktop PCs for years. To this day I have never came across a model acting like this.

The EliteBook just flat out refuses to boot to anything except a external dvd rom drive to install Windows 10.

I can get the device to boot to a version of puppy linux through built in dvd but not Windows. That requires the external dvd drive. Also the darn thing will not boot from a windows 10 installation usb usb drive.

This is the stupidest thing I have ever came across. The reason I have wasted hours figuring out how to make this happen is I purchased a refurb from one of the major refurb companies. I always get good machines but this one came with a new Windows 10 Pro COA but had a Windows Home install.

Never in my 18 years have I had a PC beat me down so hard trying to make it work as expected. Just don't understand why I can only install Windows from the external USB DVD.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks,

Will check it out. Right now I am trying to figure out how to deal with DriveGuard. The newest update for my pc is disabled by Windows due to supposed issues. It is a shame HP does not have an update for HPQ6000 only HPQ6007.

Oh well this is a mostly a stationary machine.

HP Recommended
 Thanks,

Will check it out. Right now I am trying to figure out how to deal with DriveGuard. The newest update for my pc is disabled by Windows due to supposed issues. It is a shame HP does not have an update for HPQ6000 only HPQ6007.

Oh well this is a mostly a stationary machine.

HP Recommended

Well, the trouble with the pc booting from internal drive was simply with no light on drive and no indication of files being read it was just a matter of no feedback.

So basically all is well except for no software that will work with the accelarometer. That is a shame on a less than 5 years old. Other drivers ect work but not that one.

if HP would provide that software for the Drive Protection that would be great.

HP Recommended

Hi

There was an issue with Accelerometer a few months ago, and maybe I can find it.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/3D-Accelerator-for-Windows-10/t...

HP Recommended

Hi,

I found and read many of posts about the issue and downloaded various versions of the software and all failed. I even found the link to download from Microsoft.

What seems to be happening is those updates all support a different Device than I have. My device is ACPI\HPQ6000. All of the provided solutions seem to focus on higher Device numbers such as HPQ6004 and HPQ6007.

You would think that machines that cost over 1,000 us dollars and sold to businesses for mostly portability HP would update the software to work properly on supported operating systems. I mean they have bios updates and other updates for Windows 10Pro but not this. This is proprietary software placed on devices businesses will use for 5 to 8 years or even more.

Just saying.

HP Recommended

Hi

perhaps this ...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/acpi-hpq6000/td-p/1877617

otherwise I am wasting your time covering ground you already have.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have decided to just hope for the best. Most consumer level laptops don't even have this feature. For now I just disabled the sensor in device manager.

If one day HP decides to update the software to work on my machine it should be offered through windows update. Not like this is going to hamper use of the computer unless I plan on dropping it a lot in the field. Not likely.

HP Recommended

Prego.

Solved/Sorted?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.