Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP elitebook 840 g4

Hi

My laptop cannot be turned on, when i click in the power button i see black screen and just the keyboard lights blinking wihtout beeps

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @abboudi32 

What you describe sounds like a hardware issue. The blinking may be an indication - this is the PC trying to tell you where the problem is.

and try to identify exactly how the PC blinks, try to catch the pattern

Please, tell me exactly how it blinks

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi @IT_WinSec

thanks for reply

the keyboard lights pattern blinking fast between 00:20s and 00:30s and without any beeps and black screen what should i do now

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your update.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you without details.

• It is essential to identify how exactly the PC blinks, try to catch the pattern.
  • If you are unable to, please create a video clearly showing the flashes and upload it somewhere. Please, share a link to watch it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi, 

you will find here the video of my prob

there is 2 laptops

elitebook 840 G3 and 850 G3

https://i.imgur.com/ehmNegI.mp4

HP Recommended

Thank you for the video.

This is something I cannot fix remotely. It's definitely a BIOS or board issue.

If BIOS recovery does not help, contact local service center for HP in your country. You may try to contact local HP Support following this link >> https://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/fr/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

one of those laptops I gave him some punches and he works correctly now then i went to another laptop and i gave him the same punches and he works too

but im sure the problem will come back soon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.