Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT#ABA and the option to enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS is grayed. I'm trying to update BIOS but it is not updating too. Please help me enable Virtualization Technology.

I shrank the partition C to make D drive and I think after shrinking the C drive this problem with BIOS occured (may be I'm wrong).

I am waiting for your reply...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see this related thread.  Next to the last post.

Since I don't use any security on my notebook, I just uninstalled all of the protect tools components and then the protect tools suite. I had no problems enabling VT on my 6930p.

If you want to retain all of the security software, then I guess you can follow the steps in the link on the next to the last post.

While your notebook is not specifically listed, neither was the 8560p.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/How-can-I-enable-VT-x-in-EliteBook-8560p/td-p/1246565...

Paul

HP Recommended

I had to make the following changes in BIOS in order to make it work on my HP 4530s
1. System Configuration > Device Configurations > Virtualization Technology <-- ENABLE this
2. System Configuration > Set Security Level > Data Execution Prevention <-- set to Change
3. System Configuration > Set Security Level > Virtualization Technology <-- set to Change

HP Recommended

please tell me

how to enable the Virtualization Technology in hp probook 450 g1 laptop ?

HP Recommended
am having hp probook 4540s. I have followed your steps but the problem is the virtulization technology check box is gery and as well as the set security level. so I am not able to enable it.
am running a windows 7 machine
HP Recommended

I know this answer is coming a little late from the post.. But again I'm posting this it took a while for me to find the answer as well.

I too had the issue in  a probook 4530s. You just have to do is when you press F10 for bios at the startup, then click yes to login as Guest. Go to security and setup an Administor Password for BIOS. save & exit. Now you can login to the BIOS with new bios adnin password and do anykind of change you want. 

solution was found here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-settings-grayed-out-Login-T...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.