Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I recently replaced my previous Linux laptop (a Dell XPS) with a HP Envy x360 (13-b0074TU) and setup Windows to install whatever firmware or BIOS updates were available, and then made a Fedora bootable USB and proceeded to wipe the drive and install.

The installation went smoothly, however after a reboot, I realized audio isn't working, I can see that the microphone is detected and working, and an external USB headset is working too, as is the headphone jack, however the internal speakers are not.

From what I can see it's a firmware issue, as searching around fourms and lore.kernel.org, it can be a firmware bug.

Checking logs, the most I can kind of see is this:

Mar 19 01:48:41 fedora kernel: cs35l41-hda i2c-CSC3551:00-cs35l41-hda.1: Error: ACPI _DSD Properties are missing for HID CSC3551.
Mar 19 01:48:41 fedora kernel: cs35l41-hda i2c-CSC3551:00-cs35l41-hda.1: error -EINVAL: Platform not supported
Mar 19 01:48:41 fedora kernel: cs35l41-hda: probe of i2c-CSC3551:00-cs35l41-hda.1 failed with error -22

This is clearly a semi-recognized issue as documented in this thread on the HP fourms: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-sound-from-internal-speakers-using-Linux/td-p/847805...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.