Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 AC121dx Touch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am receiving the error message: required device isn't connected error code 0xc0000225 and the next message I receive is: 0xc00000f. I am unable to start my HP computer without these errors showing. Not even in safe mode snce this happened with the last update a couple days ago..... Please help. Computer purchased on 09/17/2015 from Best Buy. Please help.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I want to thank you for all your support. The issue has been resolved. I contacted HP by phone and was sent a restore disk. Everything is now working and the error has been corrected.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for posting your concern on the Support Forums and sorry about the issue you are having. Follow the steps below-

• Press the power button down until the computer shuts down.
  • Disconnect the charging cable.
  • Disconnect the battery as well
  • Disconnect any other device connected to the unit as well.
  • Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds with everything unplugged.
  • Now connect just the charging cable and nothing else.
  • Press the power button power on the laptop

If you still see the same error message then follow the steps below, If not then you are good to go.

I would suggest you at this stage to perform test (HDD Test) on the computer. Here are the links for the same - http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Or

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03467259

(win8)

OR

You can check the following steps too-

• Shut down the unit.
  • To turn it back press the Power button and as soon as you release it, keep tapping the “ESC” key, unless a screen comes up, you might want to wait for a minute while tapping the key.
  • In the startup menu, choose F2 – System Diagnostics.
  • Under component Test there would be HDD Test. (Usually it’s recommended to perform both quick and Extensive Test, extensive test takes hours, so do the quick test first if it passes we may go to the next step).
  • After choosing Quick Test or Extensive Test, click on Run Once.

If everything passes without any Failure ID which might look like-PLNCXS-6LU7RG-MFPNXF-6OT703. Then please write us back next step would be to perform recovery I would be happy to help you pout with it.

Although I work for HP but I'm speaking for myself.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

HP Recommended

This did not work. I am currently running the system the quick test diagnostics. Will inform you of results when completed.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Sure, please write us back , we would be happy to help you and I have a question for you, after you see this message the unit still doesn't get passed this screen and load your desktop or log in screen, did I understand that right ?

Regards

AKS3621

HP Recommended

Did not help. Can I somehow go back and remove the last windows update. I searched on the HP site and it showed a fix SP74123. Since I'm not using the HP computer, I tried to download onto a disk but didn't succeed. What's next.

HP Recommended

Hey yes, sure you can. Tests were just to ensure that Hard drive is good.  Since it is, now please follow the following instructions-

• Shut down the computer, unplug charger and battery, press and hold power button for 40 seconds while everything is unplugged and then just plug the charging cable.
  • As you push the power button and release it, start tapping ESC key.
  • Choose F11 - SYSTEM RECOVERY (May take some time to laod up)
  • Choose the keyboard layout (if the unit asks you to) then choose TROUBLESHOOT
  • And then RECOVERY MANAGER
  • Then choose SYSTEM RESTORE and choose your restore point before which the computer crashed.

If this doesn't work, then I would suggest you to try MINIMIZED IMAGE RECOVERY ON THE UNIT, You may loose all your data , but if its not important thats the BEST Step to try

Although I work for HP but I'm speaking for myself.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards

Aks3621

HP Recommended

I want to thank you for all your support. The issue has been resolved. I contacted HP by phone and was sent a restore disk. Everything is now working and the error has been corrected.

HP Recommended
How can I order the disc? I am having the same problem and it's been days and I just want to get this resolved. Is there a contact number?
HP Recommended
I have tried all this and its still not working. Passed the test as well.. Please help I need my comp fixed asap as I have an induction fridsy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.